Friday, July 8, 2011

A perfect Soy Chai

If you know me well (or had met me 10 minutes ago) you most likely picked up on the fact that I am a caffeine junkie. Coffee is definitely my first love but in the past year especially, Soy Chai has become a part of my morning ritual. While Organic Tazo Chai concentrate over near boiling soy gets the job done, this recipe was too good to keep to myself.

Chai Tea Latte, 1 mug

1 large mug soy or almond milk (another recent love)
1 bag or tea ball (strainer) of black tea
3 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick (or a dash at the end)
3 pods of cardamom
a few pinches of dried ground ginger
1 tsp honey
Pour soy milk in a mug to measure and then transfer it into a heating pan. Add the tea bag and the spices, and heat until almost boiling. Lower temperature and let simmer for a few minutes, then turn off the heat and let it stand for a few minutes more.

Strain the tea and pour into a mug. Add dollop of honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment